To simplify enterprise IT for our customers and help them accomplish their goals through the delivery of innovative, effective and secure solutions. The Data Networks team is dedicated to providing service with respect, integrity and professionalism.
Welcome to Data Networks. Since 1983 we’ve been one of the Mid-Atlantic’s premier technology solution providers. We help enterprise customers reduce IT complexity by designing, implementing, supporting, and managing solutions for end user computing, data center, networking, cloud and managed services. Our intense customer focus drives specialized skills, processes, and manufacturer relationships that ensure project success.
Our manufacturer partners include some of the most recognizable brands in the tech industry. We hold high-level certifications that bring a wide variety of benefits including product depth with the greatest levels of discounts, expedited service desk resources, and professional services liaisons for consulting and engagement.
The Data Networks Professional Services division is comprised of highly certified engineers and technicians. Each is assigned a primary area of focus and receives in-depth training aligned to his or her focus. Our sales and support teams bring the same commitment to training and certification. They know your business, from your buying cycles and budgeting needs, to the ways in which you procure and utilize technical tools. So you can trust Data Networks to recommend, design, implement and help you manage technical solutions that work.
To augment our regular staff, Data Networks employs a highly-efficient “flexible staffing” model that allow us to scale resources to meet the specific needs of any engagement. So, we can expand or reduce resources to the scope and critical timelines of your project, including major roll outs and time-sensitive projects.
In addition to our headquarters and regional sales offices, Data Networks maintains a Maryland-based Staging and Configuration Center, with access to secure warehousing space of up to 100,000 sq. ft. for storing and preparing hardware for installation and final configuration. Learn more >
We also maintain lab facilities used for product testing, solution development, technical training for our engineering staff, customer demonstrations and training. Both host a number of servers, tablets, laptops, desktops, routers, switches, and bandwidth management and intrusion detection appliances. These labs also support wireless network access points, SSL VPN and remote access meeting solutions, and feature virtualized isolated test and training networks.
It’s this unique combination of people, technology and capabilities that defines the Data Networks difference and has made us a “trusted adviser” to our customers for more than 30 years.
- 1983: Company founded by Bill Regan as T.C.S. Teaching Computer Systems, Inc.
- 1984: D.I.M.E. Desktop Information Management for Educators, a proprietary student management program developed by T.C.S., is implemented District-wide in Dorchester County Public Schools, MD.
- 1985: T.C.S. changes its name to Data Networks in January 1985, established a relationship with Novell and quickly developing deep expertise in networking.
- 1986: Data Networks develops Parent-tel a school-based two-way computerized calling and voice mail system that integrated with D.I.M.E.
- 1989: IBM expands its marketing to K-12 education and Data Networks becomes an IBM Business Partner.
- 1991: Data Networks becomes one of the top five IBM Certified Education Specialists (CES) in the US.
- 1992: Data Networks expands, opening its first regional office in Charlotte, NC.
- 1993: Responding to changes in the marketplace, Data Networks transitions to an Authorized Reseller, building partnerships with IBM, Compaq, Microsoft and HP.
- 1994: Data Networks approved as a Dell remarketer.
- 1995: Awarded the PEPPM Contract for Dell Computers, Data Networks opened offices in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh; Data Networks wins state-wide technology contracts for Maryland and North Carolina beginning long-term relationships with many of the major state agencies.
- 1997: Data Networks named to the VAR500 List for the first time, receiving recognition as one of the highest producing value-added resellers, integrators and solution providers in the North American IT channel.
- 1998: Data Networks opens offices in Asheville and Raleigh, NC, Georgia and South Carolina.
- 1999: Patrick Regan promoted to President/CEO as Bill Regan retired from handling day-to-day operations to serve as Chairman of the Board.
- 2000: First year Montgomery County Public Schools, MD contracts with Data Networks to implement the District’s Tech Mod project; Data Networks headquarters move to larger facilities in Hunt Valley, MD to accommodate increased sales, professional services and support staff .
- 2001: Data Networks awarded Dell Product Line on the Maryland Education Enterprise Consortium (MEEC) Microcomputer Hardware, PCs, Laptops, Servers and Services Contract.
- 2003: Data Networks establishes initial reseller agreements with Juniper Networks and VMware laying the ground work for high-level partnerships that continue today.
- 2004: Data Networks’ Staging and Configuration Center opens providing warehousing and specially designed space for equipment set-up, configuration, and testing; Data Networks established a partnership with EMC to expand its offering of enterprise-level storage solutions.
- 2005: GovernmentVAR Top 100 List acknowledges Data Networks as one of the largest, most influential government and education technology integrators and solution providers in the industry; Included on the Baltimore Business Journal’s Top Private Companies List.
- 2006: Data Networks awarded GovernmentVAR Education Solution Provider of the Year.
- 2008: Data Networks celebrates 25 years of Public Sector Service; Dell and Data Networks partner to launch the campus computing program, EduTechU.
- 2010: Data Networks promoted to Dell’s highest partner level, Dell PartnerDirect Premier.
- 2011: Mobility is trending and Data Networks creates Mobile PassportTM solutions for mobility infrastructure and management; Partnered with AirWatch to provide the industry leading mobile enterprise software.
- 2012: Data Networks named to CRN’s Tech Elite 250, an elite group of IT Solution Providers that invest in training and education to earn the most technical certifications in the IT Channel; Becomes a member of the Apple Consulting Network (ACN).
- 2013: Data Networks celebrates 30 years of service and is named to Baltimore Business Journal’s List of Largest IT Consulting Firms; Data Networks awarded PEPPM Contract Awards for Juniper Networks, AirWatch and Novell; Data Becomes a CommVault authorized reseller; Named a Dell “Do More” partner.
- 2014: Data Networks earns Authorized Google Apps and Chrome Management Console reseller status to offer assistance with licensing, setup, data migration, training, and support services for Google installations; Again named to CRN 2014 Solution Provider 500 List; Simplifies procurement for gov-ed customers with WSCA-NASPO award for Aruba Networks.
- 2015: Data Networks awarded MD State Desktop, Laptop, and Tablet Master Contract for multiple brands; Again named to Solution Provider 500 and CRN Tech Elite 250; Data Networks becomes an Apple Authorized Service Provider; Receives PEPPM awards for Dell, HP, Samsung, plus sole award for Juniper Networks.
- 2016: Data Networks authorized to sell Microsoft Surface devices and complementing accessories; Awarded USETPA contract for Dell and Microsoft devices; Again named to the Baltimore Business Journal’s List of Largest IT Consulting Firms.