Management and Leadership
Data Networks’ ability to thrive in a rapidly changing industry for more than 30 years is a result of our management team’s experience, clear vision, and personal commitment to making every engagement with Data Networks better than the one before. Put some of the industry’s most experienced technical and business professionals to work for you.
- Patrick ReganPresident and CEOPatrick has over 25 years of experience in virtually all aspects of business management and process in the Information Technology field. He joined Data Networks in July 1989 as Vice President of Finance and Operations and became President and Chief Executive Officer in December of 1999. During that time he was instrumental in growing the business from a small, family-owned operation to a perennial CRN Tech Elite 250 selection and one of the Baltimore Business Journal’s Largest IT Consulting Firms. Through his vision and leadership, the company was transformed from a traditional value-added reseller to a technology solution provider focused on education, government, and enterprise commercial customers. Prior to joining the company, Patrick was with the C&S National Bank in Atlanta, Georgia.
Patrick has participated in a number of civic activities including membership on the Board of Trustees at Loyola Blakefield and Notre Dame Preparatory School. He graduated from the McIntire School of Commerce at the University of Virginia in 1987 with a double concentration in Finance and Marketing. He received a Masters in Business Administration with a concentration in Information Systems from Loyola College in Baltimore in 2000. Patrick also holds various industry specific certifications in the areas of project management and networking from technology leaders, including Dell, EMC, Microsoft, and VMware.
- Brad KaplonDirector of MarketingBrad Kaplon joined Data Networks in 2003 and has served as the company’s Director of Marketing since early 2011. He and his team drive the Data Networks brand, manage all customer and vendor communications and events, and oversee the development and launch of select solutions. He brings over 25 years of technology marketing experience to Data Networks with a focus on making complex technical and business concepts simpler and more accessible.
Prior to joining Data Networks, Brad held a number of senior level positions with national wireless equipment supplier TESSCO Technologies and was founder and owner of Kaplon Creative, a marketing consulting and services company.
Brad holds a Bachelors in English from the University of Maryland at College Park and numerous certifications from leading OEMs including AirWatch, Dell, EMC, Juniper Networks, and VMware. He is a member of the American Marketing Association.
- Nancy StoutDirector of Human ResourcesNancy Stout joined the company in 1991 and serves as the Director of Human Resources. She has over 28 years of Human Resources experience and is a key member of the executive team, instrumental in guiding the company and its employees through important organizational and compensation changes.
Nancy’s areas of knowledge include recruitment, employee relations, leadership and employee development, training, compensation, benefits and workers’ compensation. Prior to joining Data Networks, Nancy provided Human Resources services to an array of manufacturing, non-profit, educational institutions and technology companies.
Nancy is a graduate of Loyola University in Maryland and received her BA degree in Business Administration. She is a member of local and national Human Resources organizations and is a certified Professional in Human Resources (PHR).
- Amy BatemanAccount ExecutiveAmy Bateman joined Data Networks in 2012 managing major K-12, Local Government and Community College customers in Maryland’s 13 largest counties. She is responsible for building relationships with key accounts by providing technology solutions to meet her clients’ ever changing needs. In addition, Amy manages Data Networks resources to ensure positive project results.
Amy built an extensive background in Sales Management with computer giant IBM prior to joining Data Networks. In addition to her role there as an Account Executive, she also served as an Education Instructional Specialist focused on integrating, implementing, and training technology in the classroom.
Amy graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Delaware and is sales certified in Dell Client, Servers and Storage, Juniper Network Infrastructure and Security, Aruba Networking, and is a VMware Sales Specialist.
- Steve BrandonAccount ExecutiveSteve Brandon joined Data Networks in early 2018 as the Account Executive responsible for developing solutions to meet the business needs of Maryland State and Local Government Agencies. His extensive experience serving public-sector customers spans more than 25 years and he is an expert at understanding and addressing the unique IT challenges of Government organizations.
He brings a combined 32+ years of experience in Solutions Sales and Network Engineering to Data Networks. Prior to joining our team, Steve held senior sales positions for which he honed his skills in Data Center, Cloud Computing, Network Design, Voice over IP, and Account Management.
Steve is a graduate of Control Data Institute in Baltimore, MD where he studied Computer Science. He is a Juniper Networks Sales Master and is sales certified in Dell Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, Dell Converged Infrastructure, Dell Data Center Portfolio, Dell Cloud Client-Computing, Dell Client Data Security, and Dell Workstation.
- Lovett DavisEngineering Manager - Enterprise SolutionsLovett Davis joined Data Networks as a Senior Network Engineer in May 2015 as part of the Professional Enterprise Services Team, with a focus on Data Center Optimization Solutions and the design and deployment of server solutions for enterprises of all sizes.
He brings 18+ years of experience in Infrastructure Management, Systems Engineering, Design and Administration to Data Networks.
In November 2017, Lovett was promoted to Engineering Manager – Enterprise Solutions. In this role, Lovett's primary focus is to ensure the successful delivery of Data Networks Enterprise Solutions to customers. In his new role, Lovett maintains his status as an engineer while also directing the Senior Engineering Team and managing internal and external resources to track and complete project deliverables.
Lovett possesses a master's degree in Business Administration and a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology. He is VCP-DCV, VCP-DTM, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, Network+ and A+ certified.
- Joe GreenSolutions Architect - Data Center Optimization & End User ComputingJoseph (Joe) Green joined Data Networks in 2016 as the Solutions Architect responsible for designing and consulting on the company’s Data Center Optimization and End User Computing solutions, with a focus on data center infrastructure, cloud services, virtualization, data protection, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), and managed services.
Joe brings more than 20 years of IT industry experience and senior network/systems engineer experience to the position, most recently as a Data Center Architect for Electronic Systems, Inc. (ESI), a Maryland-based provider of end-to-end information technology and document technology solutions.
Prior to his work at ESI, Joe served in various capacities for which he designed, implemented, and managed comprehensive IT strategies and solutions for all business segments. Additionally, Joe served as a Systems Engineer for Dell from 1995-2010, during which time he successfully engineered, deployed, and supported Dell Enterprise products and services. Joe holds multiple accreditations and certifications from the IT industry’s leading manufacturers, including VMware (VTSP), Microsoft (MCPS, MCSA), Dell (Certified SE and Dell Compellent), HP (Expert One for Servers), among many others.
- Dwayne MacKenzieSolutions Architect - Infrastructure and SecurityDwayne MacKenzie joined Data Networks in 2005 and is the Solutions Architect responsible for designing and consulting on the company’s Infrastructure and Security Solutions. He has over 28 years of experience in multiple IT disciplines including networked systems design, network management, software development, technical project management and consulting management.
Prior to joining Data Networks, Dwayne held various senior level technical positions including Director of Unisys Corporation’s Network & Desktop Consulting Practice, Network Design Consultant for Unisys Corporation and Network Manager for the Air Intelligence Agency Liaison Office to the National Security Agency at Fort Meade, Maryland.
Dwayne also spent 11 years in the United States Air Force and has earned multiple degrees, including Computer Science and Intelligence Collection, from the Community College of the Air Force. He is a Juniper Aspiring Champion and holds technical certifications from leading OEMs including Aruba, Cisco, EMC, Juniper, and Microsoft.
- Jan SilhavyAccount ExecutiveJan Silhavy joined Data Networks as an Account Executive in 2013, bringing a record of success in Sales, Leadership and Business Development over more than 20 years. She is responsible for creating and sustaining long-term client relationships with customers throughout Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
Jan began her career in the retail industry with the May Company as an Executive Trainee in their well-known Executive Leadership Program, and spent seven years with the company. She then took her skills to the staffing industry where she helped significantly grow SES Staffing, which went public in 2006. She joined major office supply company OfficeMax in 2006, first as a Key Account Manager, then as a Relationship Manager, lastly as a District Sales Manager where she managed and built a high performance sales team.
Jan graduated from the University of Delaware in 1990 and is sales certified with leading OEMs, including Aruba, Dell, Juniper Networks, and VMware.