- Satisfy our Customers
- Expect Accountability
- Make a Positive Impact
- Hire the Best
- Build Successful Teams
- Embrace Change
- Be Fiscally Responsible
- Create a Great Workplace
- Reward Performance
- Pride in Achievement
Our people make us great.
Learn more about us >
Date Posted: January 2020
FSLA Status: Full-Time Exempt
Local, MD-Based Candidates Only
About Data Networks
Data Networks has been Simplifying Enterprise IT since 1983. We are a leading IT solutions provider located in Hunt Valley, Maryland focusing primarily on Education (K-12; Higher-Education) and State + Local Government customers. We hold significant contracts throughout the region and work with a broad range of leading manufacturers to provide single-source simplicity, Our comprehensive solutions include products and professional services that cover Data Center, Client Computing, Networking, Security, Cloud Services and Managed IT Services.
Data Networks has an exciting opportunity for an Accounting Manager. Reporting to the President, this Accounting Manager will provide direct supervision to the finance team and be responsible for completing the monthly accounting cycle to ensure timely and accurate financial statements and controls and other duties as assigned.
- Management of two direct reports to ensure that work is allocated properly and completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Lead and prepare post-close financial reports for Executive review
- Serve as the project lead for external audits
- Identify new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department and assist in the development and implementation of the supporting process
- Bank reconciliations
- Monthly accrual entries
- Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Assist President with special projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BS degree in Accounting Business or related college degree
- CPA preferred but not required
- 4+ years of related experience including 2 years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Strong organizational skills and fine attention to details
- Ability to handle a high volume of transactions
- Great Plains experience is strongly preferred
- Must be detail-oriented, multitask-proficient, and have the ability to prioritize assignments
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite computer literacy
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills to develop and build rapport with fellow employees, customers and vendors
- Must be able to pass criminal background and credit checks
What We Offer
Data Networks offers a competitive compensation plan including base salary. We also offer a comprehensive benefit plan including generous time off, Aetna insurance network options to fit your individual or family needs, including HMO, PPO and HSA, prescription drug benefit, dental and vision plan options, life and disability insurance options, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and childcare expenses, 401(k) Savings Plan with immediate entry, and paid holidays.
How to Apply
Please email your resume as a Word document attachment with the job for which you are applying named in the subject line to: email@example.com.
Please note that no acknowledgement of receipt will be issued and that only parties of interest will be contacted.
Data Networks is an EEO/AA employer.