- Satisfy our Customers
- Expect Accountability
- Make a Positive Impact
- Hire the Best
- Build Successful Teams
- Embrace Change
- Be Fiscally Responsible
- Create a Great Workplace
- Reward Performance
- Pride in Achievement
Our people make us great.
Learn more about us >
Inside Account Manager/Customer Service Representative
Date Posted: May 2019
Location: Hunt Valley, Maryland
Reports to: Director of Marketing
FSLA Status: Full-Time Exempt
Data Networks has been Simplifying Enterprise IT since 1983. We are a leading IT solutions provider located in Hunt Valley, Maryland focusing primarily on Education (K-12; Higher-Education) and State + Local Government customers. We hold significant contracts throughout the region and work with a broad range of leading manufacturers to provide single-source simplicity. Our comprehensive solutions include products and professional services that cover Client Computing, Data Center, Networking, Security, Cloud Services and Managed IT Services.
We are seeking an Inside Account Manager (IAM) to join our expanding Maryland-based sales team. The primary responsibility of the IAM is to support an assigned Account Executive in meeting or exceeding established quarterly quotas within a defined geographic territory and to sell Data Networks’ complete solutions.
- Provide administrative support and work as a team with your Account Executive to build a robust sales pipeline.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and RFP responses; take ownership of some product-only solicitations.
- Interact daily with customers via email or phone to respond to inquiries for product information, recommendations, price quotations, availability, warranties, service, installation, and delivery status.
- Work with our manufacturing and distribution partners to obtain opportunity registration and favorable pricing.
- Upsell customers on Data Networks’ solutions. Assess customer’s need for technical solutions and/or support and promote our technical services offerings. Act proactively to create opportunities for cross-sell with existing customers.
- Work with customers, vendors, and our finance team to efficiently resolve issues involving change orders, pricing discrepancies, returns and/or defective products. Keep Account Executive informed of large-dollar opportunities/quotes/orders, critical customer service issues, and special pricing.
- Follow up on customer quotes and orders to ensure excellent customer service and identify additional opportunities.
- Attend Data Networks events and trade shows when required.
Opportunity and Activity Development
- Enter and maintain Account, Contact, and Opportunity data in our Microsoft Dynamics CRM database.
Technical Knowledge and Certification
- Complete ongoing product training to ensure knowledge of our hardware/software/service offerings and those of our competition.
- Achieve and maintain sales accreditation as required to meet our partner medallion levels.
- Develop the ability to discuss Data Networks solutions with existing customers and qualified prospects.
- Keep abreast of new products and offerings, product changes, and promotions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of various IT hardware/software including (but not limited to) DELL EMC, HP, Chrome, Microsoft, VMware, Juniper strongly preferred.
- A proven track record of 2+ years inside sales experience. Prior experience working with distributors or hardware manufacturers highly desired.
- Must possess excellent oral, written, phone, and interpersonal skills and have the desire and initiative to resolve problems diplomatically.
- A drive to nurture leads and build long-term relationships via a strong phone presence.
- Aptitude and desire to learn about new and emerging technologies.
- Must be well-organized, highly-motivated with a desire to be successful, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and able to handle multiple simultaneous priorities.
- Must possess the ability to work in a ‘team’ environment with a willingness to help others and cross boundaries.
- Two-year college degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
What We Offer
Data Networks offers a competitive compensation plan including base salary plus monthly commissions. We also offer a comprehensive benefit plan including generous time off, Aetna insurance network options to fit your individual or family needs, including HMO, PPO, and HSA, prescription drug benefit, dental and vision plan options, life and disability insurance options, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and childcare expenses, 401(k) Savings Plan with immediate entry, and paid holidays.
How to Apply
Please email your resume as a Word document attachment with the job for which you are applying named in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that no acknowledgement of receipt will be issued and that only parties of interest will be contacted.
Data Networks is an EEO/AA employer.