- Satisfy our Customers
- Expect Accountability
- Make a Positive Impact
- Hire the Best
- Build Successful Teams
- Embrace Change
- Be Fiscally Responsible
- Create a Great Workplace
- Reward Performance
- Pride in Achievement
Our people make us great.
Learn more about us >
Customer Service Representative/Inside Account Manager
Date Posted: May 2018
FSLA Status: Full-Time Exempt
About Data Networks
Data Networks has been Simplifying Enterprise IT since 1983. We are a leading IT solutions provider located in Hunt Valley, Maryland focusing primarily on Education (K-12; Higher-Education) and State + Local Government customers. We hold significant contracts throughout the region and work with a broad range of leading manufacturers to provide single-source simplicity, Our comprehensive solutions include products and professional services that cover Data Center, Client Computing, Networking, Security, Cloud Services and Managed IT Services.
What We Offer
At Data Networks, we live by our core values and insist on excellence in all we do for customers and ourselves – but we like to have fun, too. Some highlights include:
- World-Class Engineers
- Local Company With an Excellent Reputation in the Industry
- Key Relationships With Vendors and Strategic Partners
- Strong, Competitive Compensation Package (Including Base Salary + Monthly Commission) and Benefits (Including Generous Paid Time Off, Aetna Insurance Network options to fit your individual or family needs, including HMO, PPO and HSA, prescription drug benefits, Dental and Vision plan options, Life and Disability options, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and childcare expenses, 401K Savings Plan with immediate entry, and paid holidays).
- Opportunity to Work in a Creative, Comfortable, Progressive and Fun Environment
Data Networks is seeking an Inside Account Manager (IAM) to join our expanding Maryland-based Sales Team. The primary responsibility of the IAM is to support Account Executive(s) in meeting or exceeding the established quarterly quotas within a defined geographical territory and to sell Data Networks’ solutions (including hardware, software, and service offerings).
- Assist Account Executive in building robust sales pipeline that drives revenue through a high level of prospecting activities, lead generation, opportunity identification, and progression through the sales cycle.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and RFP responses.
- Provide guidance to our customers on product requirements/applications by responding to customer inquiries for product information, prices, availability, warranties, service, installation, deliverability, delays within a specified time period.
- Upsell customers on Data Networks’ solutions offerings. Attempt to assess customer’s need for technology and introduce our technical services offerings. Act proactively to create opportunities for new business with existing customers.
- Work with customers to resolve problems involving changes to order, pricing discrepancies, return issues, etc. Interface with Account Executives to keep them informed of large dollar quotes/orders, pertinent issues, and special pricing.
- Build relationships to provide repeat business and excellent customer service. Follow up on previously submitted quotes to determine if Data Networks is still a viable provider.
- Maintain and develop strong partnerships with vendors and manufacturers.
- Attend seminars and tradeshows when required.
Opportunity and Activity Development
- Using available quoting systems (phone, manufacturer websites, internal mechanisms), the IAM must provide the customer with up-to-date written quotes and suggest products that will best meet the customer’s needs.
- Attend seminars and tradeshows when required.
- Maintain, enter, and update information in CRM.
Technical Knowledge and Certification
- Attend internal training to increase product knowledge of both offered products and competitive products.
- Complete self-study activities to develop a proficiency of Data Networks solutions.
- Achieve and maintain sales certifications as requested for major OEM products.
- Gain the ability to discuss Data Networks solutions to existing customers and qualified prospects.
- Keep abreast of new products and offerings, product changes and promotions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to nurture leads via a strong phone presence and maintain customer relationships in a long-term relational environment.
- Proven track record of 2+ years inside sales experience.
- Experience with working with distribution partners (such as Ingram Micro or Tech Data, or a hardware manufacturer) is highly desired.
- Must possess excellent oral, written, phone and interpersonal skills and have the initiative to resolve problems.
- Knowledge and proficiency of various computer hardware and software applications including but not limited to Dell EMC, HP, Chrome, Microsoft, VMware, Juniper strongly preferred.
- Aptitude to familiarize yourself with industry knowledge/technology.
- Must be able to respond to customer requests in a timely fashion with an attention to detail.
- Must be well organized, highly motivated with a desire to be successful, able to work in a fast paced environment, and be able to handle multi-deal/quotes simultaneously.
- Must possess the ability to work in a ‘team’ environment and a willingness to help others and cross boundaries.
- 2-year college degree is preferred.
- Base salary + monthly commission
How to Apply
Please email your resume as a Word document attachment with the job for which you are applying named in the subject line to: email@example.com.
Please note that no acknowledgement of receipt will be issued and that only parties of interest will be contacted.
Data Networks is an EEO/AA employer.