- Satisfy our Customers
- Expect Accountability
- Make a Positive Impact
- Hire the Best
- Build Successful Teams
- Embrace Change
- Be Fiscally Responsible
- Create a Great Workplace
- Reward Performance
- Pride in Achievement
Our people make us great.
Learn more about us >
Marketing & Contracts Administrator
Date Posted: January 2019
FSLA Status: Full-Time Exempt
About Data Networks
Data Networks is a leading IT solutions provider located in Hunt Valley, Maryland focusing primarily on Education and State + Local Government customers. We hold significant contracts throughout the region and work with a broad range of leading manufacturers to provide single-source simplicity. Our comprehensive solutions include products and professional services for Client Computing, Data Center, Networking, Security, Cloud Services and Managed IT Services.
Data Networks simplifies enterprise IT for customers throughout the Mid-Atlantic. We leverage great relationships to make that happen – with our channel partners, distribution partners, and the purchasing contracts and consortiums our public-sector customers rely on. Data Networks is seeking a Marketing & Contracts Administrator to join our Maryland-based Team.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing & Contracts Administrator will be responsible for all activities related to 1) management and optimization of channel partner programs, 2) administration and maintenance of contract vehicles, and 3) management of formal RFPs.
Job Duties + Responsibilities
Channel Partner Marketing
Great channel partner relationships are key to our success. In this critical role you will work with the channel personnel of the tech industry’s largest manufacturers and distributors to:
- Track and maintain our vendor partnership requirements including certification training
- Track and monitor our vendor rebate targets, progress, and payments
- Manage the claim process for our partner Marketing Development Funds (MDF)
- Develop monthly vendor “WinWire” emails to promote and enhance our partner relationships
- Assist with frequent “lunch-n-Learns” and other vendor-centric events and activities
- Maintain and enhance vendor communication through our website and social media channels
The vast majority of our business comes from public-sector customers. In this critical role you will help ensure we win and hold the contract awards needed to support our public-sector business by:
- Maintaining compliance with current contract awards
- Identifying and exploring potential new contract vehicles
- Identify expiring contracts and coordinating contract renewals
- Coordinating the on-time delivery of contract RFPs and bids
As a full-time member of the marketing team you will assist the Marketing Manager with execution of demand-generation activities required to drive our business, including:
- Vendor co-marketing campaigns and activities
- Event preparation and follow-up
- Email marketing campaigns
- Web content and case study development
- Video planning and development
- Social media posts
- Appointment setting campaigns and scripting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university and at least 3 years of proven success in a similar role
- Highly-organized with a drive to find better ways to get things done (process improvement)
- Able to juggle multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and hold others accountable for same
- Able to interact comfortably with vendors and team members in person and on the phone
- Strong written and oral communication skills; proofreading skills
- Eager to learn and assume new responsibilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/InDesign, WordPress, and/or basic HTML a plus
- Tech industry experience a plus
- Must be able to pass a drug and criminal background check
What We Offer
At Data Networks, we live by our core values and insist on excellence in all we do for customers and ourselves – but we like to have fun, too. Some highlights include:
- Opportunity to Work in a Creative, Comfortable, Progressive and Fun Environment
- World-Class Engineers
- Local Company With an Excellent Reputation in the Industry
- Key Relationships With Vendors and Strategic Partners
- Competitive compensation and benefits (Including generous paid time off (PTO); Aetna Insurance Network options to fit your individual or family needs, including HMO, PPO and HSA, prescription drug benefits, Dental and Vision plan options, Life and Disability options, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and childcare expenses, 401K savings plan with match, and paid holidays).
How to Apply
This is a terrific opportunity for an aspiring marketing professional to gain broad experience with vendor relationship management and b-to-b marketing. You will have the opportunity to fine-tune your skills and acquire new ones, as we encourage the development of career and personal goals among our employees.
Please email your resume as a Word document attachment with the job for which you are applying named in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include your salary requirements along with a cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect fit for this role.
Please note that no acknowledgement of receipt will be issued and that only candidates of interest will be contacted. Currently we are not offering relocation assistance.
Data Networks is an EEO/AA employer.