- Satisfy our Customers
- Expect Accountability
- Make a Positive Impact
- Hire the Best
- Build Successful Teams
- Embrace Change
- Be Fiscally Responsible
- Create a Great Workplace
- Reward Performance
- Pride in Achievement
Our people make us great.
Learn more about us >
Outside Sales Representative for Managed IT Services
Date Posted: July 2023
Data Networks has been simplifying enterprise IT since 1983. We are a leading IT solutions provider located in Hunt Valley, Maryland focusing on Education (K-12; Higher-Education), State and Local Government, Healthcare, and Commercial customers. We hold significant contracts throughout the region and work with a broad range of leading manufacturers to provide single-source simplicity. Our comprehensive solutions include products and professional services in the areas of client computing, data center, networking, cyber-security, cloud services and managed IT services.
Data Networks has an exciting new opportunity for an Outside Sales Representative to join our Managed IT Services team. Reporting to the President, the Outside Sales Representative for Managed IT Services will be responsible for acquiring new Managed IT Services customers and driving business development initiatives. The Outside Sales Rep’s primary focus is to promote and sell our comprehensive Managed IT Services solutions to potential customers.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow with a highly motivated team and enjoy building relationships, business development, and have a passion for technology, this position may be for you! We are looking for a candidate that is excited to help our team fulfill our purpose: to provide premier technology solutions that empower our customers to achieve their goals, while making a positive impact on our communities and being a force for good. The selected candidate will also share our core values, including Be the Customer, Trust the Team, Find Your Balance, Learn and Grow, and Own It!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and target potential Managed IT Services customers to generate new business opportunities. Develop and execute effective sales strategies to acquire net new customers for our Managed IT Services.
- Lead ongoing business development by proactively seeking out and engaging with prospective customers through various sales channels, including cold calling, networking events, referrals, and targeted marketing campaigns. Build and maintain a robust pipeline of leads and opportunities.
- Understand customer needs, challenges, and pain points. Conduct in-depth discussions and assessments to align our Managed IT Services with the unique requirements of each customer. Provide consultative sales approach to position our services as effective solutions.
- Cultivate and nurture strong relationships with key decision-makers and influencers within prospective customer organizations. Leverage your network and industry knowledge to establish trust and credibility.
- Conduct compelling and persuasive presentations and demonstrations of our Managed IT Services to potential customers. Showcase the value proposition, features, benefits, and differentiators of our services in alignment with customer needs and business objectives.
- Track and manage the sales pipeline, including lead generation, prospecting activities, opportunity qualification, and deal closure. Utilize CRM tools and sales methodologies to effectively manage sales cycles and meet or exceed sales targets.
- Work closely with internal teams, including technical experts, project managers, and service delivery teams, to ensure a smooth transition from sales to service implementation. Collaborate on proposals, contracts, and pricing negotiations to win new business.
- Stay updated on industry trends, competitive landscape, and emerging technologies in the Managed IT Services space. Leverage this knowledge to position our services effectively and differentiate us from competitors.
Knowledge and Skills
- 5-7 years of proven success in outside sales, business development, or account management, preferably in the Managed IT Services industry.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of IT infrastructure, cloud solutions, cybersecurity, and managed services.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated and target-driven with a passion for sales and exceeding expectations.
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research, identify customer needs, and present tailored solutions.
- Proficient in using CRM software and sales productivity tools; experience with NetSuite is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Willingness to travel and attend industry and company events as required.
We offer a competitive compensation plan and a comprehensive benefit plan including generous time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending or HSA, life insurance, 401k, employee assistance program, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and opportunity for remote and hybrid work for eligible positions.
To apply, please visit our Indeed posting.
Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Data Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time