- Satisfy our Customers
- Expect Accountability
- Make a Positive Impact
- Hire the Best
- Build Successful Teams
- Embrace Change
- Be Fiscally Responsible
- Create a Great Workplace
- Reward Performance
- Pride in Achievement
Our people make us great.
Learn more about us >
Date Posted: May 2021
Family: Professional Services
FSLA Status: Full-Time
Data Networks has been simplifying enterprise IT since 1983. We are a leading IT solutions provider located in Hunt Valley, Maryland focusing on Education (K-12; Higher-Education), State and Local Government, Healthcare, and Commercial customers. We hold significant contracts throughout the region and work with a broad range of leading manufacturers to provide single-source simplicity. Our comprehensive solutions include products and professional services in the areas of Client Computing, Data Center, Networking, Cyber Security, Cloud Services and Managed IT Services.
Data Networks has an exciting new opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Professional Services team in Maryland. This role will be responsible for the management and oversight of multiple medium-to-large-scale client computing, networking, and data center projects and will be the liaison between the customer and the Data Networks team. Initially, one focus for this role will be providing project management for a large-scale data center Net-IQ to Active Directory migration project with a K-12 school district. Responsibilities include business analysis, collection of resource requirements, project planning, budgeting, and execution. The Project Manager will manage all resources on a project-by-project basis to ensure that each project is performed on time, within budget, and completed in a high-quality manner to the mutual satisfaction of the customer and Data Networks.
We are looking for a candidate that is excited to help our team fulfill our purpose: Enabling organizations and the lives they touch to achieve their full potential by embracing innovative technology. The selected candidate will also share our core values, including Be the Customer, Trust the Team, Find Your Balance, Learn and Grow, and Own It!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Serve as liaison between Data Networks and the customer, organizing the project from start to finish and answering questions during all phases of the project. Work in conjunction with Data Networks’ internal team and the customer to ensure smooth implementation.
- Manage resources associated with each project, including time, money, tasks, labor, and equipment from project initiation to completion. Assign individual responsibilities and tasks and develop schedule to ensure the timely completion of all phases. Schedule and lead daily/weekly huddle meetings with project teams.
- Work with Human Resources as needed and third-party contractors to recruit additional required resources in accordance with project(s)
- Regular cadence meetings with the Director on status of project(s)
- Verify date of delivery of products to client sites, coordinate shipping and delivery where appropriate and resolve vendor and/or delivery issues as they arise.
- Upon delivery, work with appropriate Engineering and other internal team members to identify and schedule required resources for each project. Manage schedule throughout all phases of project.
- Monitor ongoing client relationships on multiple projects, maintaining organization and prioritization. Schedule meetings with client(s) to kickoff project, review status, and be point-of-contact for escalation of issues. Bring closure to each project and receive feedback on performance and project implementation from each customer.
- Review engineers job status reports via internal web-based tool on a daily project-by-project basis for accuracy and timeliness. Coordinate time-entry for external temporary resources with Payroll.
- Prepare reporting, including work orders, timelines, job status updates, customer satisfaction surveys, and expense reports. Deliver reporting in a timely manner to customer as needed.
- Work across departments within the organization as needed to resolve project issues and continuously analyze project processes and workflow, making suggestions for efficiency and improvement where needed.
- Participate in industry forums, tradeshows and seminars as appropriate; Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures to keep abreast of latest trends in industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT-related project management required, preferably in data center;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, other similar certification, or equivalent experience, strongly preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to translate technical concepts to a wide variety of audiences;
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve challenging goals, manage priorities and workflow with flexibility, professionalism, enthusiasm, and positivity to motivate team throughout project;
- Strong technical and tactical problem-solving skills; Must be able to demonstrate technical competence and a proven track record of technical accomplishments in the technology field;
- Good driving record coupled with the ability to travel (up to 25%) as needed.
- Must successfully complete criminal background check and possess clean driving record.
We offer a competitive compensation plan and a comprehensive benefit plan including generous time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending or HSA, life insurance, 401k, and long-term and short-term disability insurance.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit the following application materials to email@example.com:
- Cover letter, including salary requirement
- Contact information for three professional references
Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Please note that no acknowledgement of receipt will be issued and that only parties of interest will be contacted.
Data Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.