Date Posted: May 2022
Family: Enterprise Services
About Data Networks
Data Networks has been simplifying enterprise IT since 1983. We are a leading IT solutions provider located in Hunt Valley, Maryland focusing on Education (K-12; Higher-Education), State and Local Government, Healthcare, and Commercial customers. We hold significant contracts throughout the region and work with a broad range of leading manufacturers to provide single-source simplicity. Our comprehensive solutions include products and professional services in the areas of client computing, data center, networking, cyber-security, cloud services and managed IT services.
Data Networks has an exciting new opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Enterprise Services team in Maryland. This role will be responsible for the management and oversight of all enterprise services projects (primarily in the areas of networking and data center) and will report directly to the Director of Enterprise Services. The Project Manager will be the liaison between the customer and the Data Networks team, for all aspects of the project, including kick-off and regular cadence calls while maintaining sufficient correspondences to ensure highly efficient and ongoing customer communication.
The Project Manager will manage all resources on a project-by-project basis to ensure that each project is performed on time, within budget, and completed in a high-quality manner to the mutual satisfaction of the customer and Data Networks.
We are looking for a candidate that is excited to help our team fulfill our purpose: enabling organizations and the lives they touch to achieve their full potential by embracing innovative technology. The selected candidate will also share our core values, including Be the Customer, Trust the Team, Find Your Balance, Learn and Grow, and Own It!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Serve as liaison between Data Networks and the customer, organizing the project from start to finish and answering questions during all phases of the project. Work in conjunction with Data Networks’ internal team and the customer to ensure smooth implementation.
- Manage resources associated with each project, including time, money, tasks, labor, and equipment from project initiation to completion. Assign individual responsibilities and tasks and develop schedule to ensure the timely completion of all phases. Schedule and lead daily/weekly huddle meetings with project teams.
- Work with Human Resources as needed and third-party contractors to recruit additional required resources in accordance with project(s).
- Regular cadence meetings with the Director on status of project(s).
- Verify date of delivery of products to client sites, coordinate shipping and delivery where appropriate and resolve vendor and/or delivery issues as they arise.
- Upon delivery, work with appropriate Engineering and other internal team members to identify and schedule required resources for each project. Manage schedule throughout all phases of project.
- Monitor ongoing client relationships on multiple projects, maintaining organization and prioritization. Schedule meetings with client(s) to kickoff project, review status, and be point-of-contact for escalation of issues. Bring closure to each project and receive feedback on performance and project implementation from each customer.
- Prepare reporting, including work orders, timelines, job status updates, customer satisfaction surveys, and expense reports. Deliver reporting in a timely manner to customer as needed.
- Work across departments within the organization as needed to resolve project issues and continuously analyze project processes and workflow, making suggestions for efficiency and improvement where needed.
- Participate in industry forums, tradeshows and seminars as appropriate; Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures to keep abreast of latest trends in industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT-related project management required, preferably in data center.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, other similar certification, or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to translate technical concepts to a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve challenging goals, manage priorities and workflow with flexibility, professionalism, enthusiasm, and positivity to motivate team throughout project.
- Proven track record in developing a detailed plan to monitor and track multiple projects, small and large, concurrently and successfully.
- Strong risk management skills to quickly identify and avoid risk throughout the project implementation.
- Good driving record coupled with the ability to travel (up to 25%) as needed.
- Must successfully complete criminal background check and possess clean driving record.
We offer a competitive compensation plan and a comprehensive benefit plan including generous time off, opportunity for remote work for eligible positions, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending or HSA, life insurance, 401k, and long-term and short-term disability insurance.
While travel to our offices and customer sites is required (approximately 25%), this position has the flexibility to work remotely as well.
To apply, please submit the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter, including salary requirement;
- Contact information for three professional references.
Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Data Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time