Purpose and Values
We’re driven by our core purpose to enable organizations and the lives they touch to achieve their full potential by embracing innovative technology.
Our core values define us and guide our actions and decisions:
- Be the Customer
- Trust the Team
- Find Your Balance
- Learn and Grow
- Own It!
Our people make
Learn more about us >
Service Engineer, Managed IT Services
Data Networks has been simplifying enterprise IT since 1983. We are a leading IT solutions provider located in Hunt Valley, Maryland focusing on Education (K-12; Higher-Education), State and Local Government, Healthcare, and Commercial customers. We hold significant contracts throughout the region and work with a broad range of leading manufacturers to provide single-source simplicity. Our comprehensive solutions include products and professional services in the areas of Client Computing, Data Center, Networking, Cyber Security, Cloud Services and Managed IT Services.
Data Networks has an exciting new opportunity for a technically minded, customer relations-driven Service Engineer to join our Managed IT Services team. Reporting to the Director of Managed IT and Client Services, the Service Engineer will work closely with our MSP customers through our Service Desk to support and troubleshoot their systems and infrastructures and ensure efficient daily operation of the customer’s network and computer systems. The Service Engineer, working with MSP team, will perform system tests regularly to anticipate and resolve issues and recommend updates to customers where appropriate.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow with a highly motivated team and have a rich technical knowledge base along with the positive energy for customer relations, this position may be for you! We are looking for a candidate that is excited to help our team fulfill our purpose: to provide premier technology solutions that empower our customers to achieve their goals, while making a positive impact on our communities and being a force for good. The selected candidate will also share our core values, including Be the Customer, Trust the Team, Find Your Balance, Learn and Grow, and Own It!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Service Desk management, to include onboarding new MSP customers and working with new and existing customers and their systems and infrastructures to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Create informational materials and graphics to explain systems to users, as appropriate.
- Autotask management, to include adding, modifying, or deleting users/contacts; modifying dropdown lists; adding and/or modifying workflows as needed.
- Monitor and review tickets within Autotask. Answer, log, and track issues within appropriate systems; resolve tickets with customer by phone or through remote connection to workstations and/or servers, engaging engineering team for support as needed; escalate any tickets to engineering team as needed.
- Back-end systems management, to include working with MSP customers to manage Active Directory, VMware, Hyper-V, BRS, Networking, Security and other areas of infrastructures and systems.
- Monitor, review, and investigate alerts from remote monitoring management (RMM) toolsets as needed.
- Identify systems problems, assess severity of issues, and prioritize responses as appropriate.
- Perform system tests and analyses and collaborate with customers to anticipate and resolve issues or make modifications; identify and recommend updates to the current network and systems.
- Function as Systems Administrator for Data Networks and act as main POC for internal technical issues
- AV troubleshooting of Internal DNI Assets (TVs, Monitors, Etc.)
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have 3+ years of information systems support experience with proven ability to provide technical support over the phone with excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to professionally communicate with users having a wide variety of computer skills.
- 3-5 years of Microsoft Office/Office 365 experience, Outlook and Exchange Email configuration and support; relevant industry certifications preferred.
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft products (especially Outlook).
- Familiarity with an incident-based ticketing system for assigning and tracking calls and resolutions.
- Familiarity with remote monitoring management toolsets to monitor IT environments and infrastructures.
- Excellent prioritizing, problem solving and troubleshooting skills coupled with the ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment and respond efficiently to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks independently and under pressure while maintaining a high degree of professionalism.
- Excellent organizational, solving and time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience with Active Directory, VMware, Hyper-V, BRS, Cisco, Networking, and Security preferred.
- Experience with any of the following preferred: Autotask PSA, Autotask RMM, ScalePad, IT Glue, Datto BCDR, or other similar tools.
We offer a competitive compensation plan and a comprehensive benefit plan including generous time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending or HSA, life insurance, 401k, employee assistance program, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and opportunity for remote and hybrid work for eligible positions.
To apply, please submit the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter, including salary requirement
- Contact information for three professional references
Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Please note that no acknowledgement of receipt will be issued and that only parties of interest will be contacted.
Data Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full Time