- Satisfy our Customers
- Expect Accountability
- Make a Positive Impact
- Hire the Best
- Build Successful Teams
- Embrace Change
- Be Fiscally Responsible
- Create a Great Workplace
- Reward Performance
- Pride in Achievement
Our people make us great.
Learn more about us >
Inside Sales Representative for Managed IT Services
Date Posted: November 2023
Data Networks has been simplifying enterprise IT since 1983. We are a leading IT solutions provider located in Hunt Valley, Maryland focusing on Education (K-12; Higher-Education), State and Local Government, Healthcare, and Commercial customers. We hold significant contracts throughout the region and work with a broad range of leading manufacturers to provide single-source simplicity. Our comprehensive solutions include products and professional services in the areas of client computing, data center, networking, cyber-security, cloud services and managed IT services.
Data Networks has an exciting new opportunity for an Inside Sales Representative to join our Managed IT Services team. The Inside Sales Representative for Managed IT Services will be responsible for lead generation, utilizing various channels including cold-calling and email campaigns to generate, qualify, and track leads. The ISR’s primary focus will be to secure first-time appointments with prospects, clearly articulating the value proposition of our Managed IT Services.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow with a highly motivated team and have a passion for the “hunting” role within a sales team combined with an interest in technology, this position may be for you! We are looking for a candidate that is excited to help our team fulfill our purpose: to provide premier technology solutions that empower our customers to achieve their goals, while making a positive impact on our communities and being a force for good. The selected candidate will also share our core values, including Be the Customer, Trust the Team, Find Your Balance, Learn and Grow, and Own It!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, target, and qualify potential Managed IT Services customers through research, cold-calling, networking events, referrals, targeted email campaigns, and social media to build and maintain a robust pipeline of new business leads and opportunities.
- Develop and execute effective sales strategies to engage and qualify leads and secure first-time appointments for the Outside Sales Representative for Managed IT Services.
- Coordinate with Outside Sales Representative to schedule and prepare for appointments.
- Track and manage the sales pipeline, including lead generation and qualification, prospecting activities, and opportunity qualification. Utilize CRM tools and sales methodologies to effectively manage sales cycles and meet or exceed sales targets.
- Collaborate with the marketing and Managed IT Services teams to develop strategies and generate demand for Managed IT Services.
- Stay updated on industry trends, competitive landscape, and emerging technologies in the Managed IT Services space.
Knowledge and Skills
- 1-3 years of proven success in inside sales or business development, preferably in the IT industry.
- Familiarity with Managed IT Services and IT infrastructure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and time-management skills.
- Self-motivated and target-driven with a passion for sales and exceeding expectations.
- Resilient attitude with the ability to handle rejection, address objections, and overcome obstacles.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research, identify customer needs, and connect with prospective customers.
- Proficient in using CRM software and sales productivity tools; experience with NetSuite is a plus.
- A willingness to attend local industry and networking events as needed.
We offer a competitive compensation plan and a comprehensive benefit plan including generous time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending or HSA, life insurance, 401k, employee assistance program, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and opportunity for remote and hybrid work for eligible positions.
To apply, please visit our Indeed posting.
Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Data Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time